Thursday 19 September 2013

The Sewing Directory Exeter Meet Up

I was really delighted to be invited to a meet up in Exeter organised by the lovely Fiona of The Sewing Directory way back in May.  The time has whizzed past since so I was really excited when Fiona emailed with directions and info about the event at the beginning of September!  

It was the second event Fiona has organised following the huge success of the first one and I was invited to bring along some lovely fabrics to tempt all the lovely sewists that would be attending!  Exeter is only a two hour drive from South East Wales where Im based so I packed up my little shop and off I went!




Tempting fabrics!

Habdash section

I met some really lovely people who were all their for the same reason...because we all love sewing.  We were sewing bags for Making For Charity and I can honestly not think of a better way to spend an afternoon...surrounded by like minded people, sewing and drinking coffee (there may have even been a cake or two!)

The lovely people on my sewing table
We were given excellent tuition by Kerry from verykerryberry who demonstrated different appliqué techniques we could use to decorate our bag.  I'm afraid I wasn't very adventurous due to a huge amount of time spent talking so my bag had some raw edge appliqué and that was about it!  

The finished results!
Kerry gave us a set of templates to use for the appliqué and it's amazing how many different variations people came up with.  

All in all, a very lovely day was had by all and Im very glad to have made the trip down, if only to have met some wonderful people.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment