Friday 20 September 2013

{Tutorials} Lots Of Reasons To Sew!

Do you follow our boards on Pinterest?  If you do, you may have noticed me pinning lots of sewing tutorials lately (as well as lots of other things....its so addictive!).
 
In particular, I've been looking for projects using Fat Quarters.  My love of sewing started with a fat quarter of fabric I picked up from my local fabric shop just because I fell in love with the print!  The possibilities are endless and you can do so much with just a fat quarter of fabric.  Ok, you're not going to make thirty metres of bunting with it but you can make a fair bit!
 
So, if you are looking for an excuse to buy fabric (and lets be honest, who needs a reason?!) here are some of my favourite tutorials from around the web, using fat quarters.
 
Monograme Hoop Décor by Crystal from A Pumpkin and A Princess
A Fat Quarter Drawstring Bag by Amy of Diary of a Quilter
 
Pretty up your desk with a fabric mouse mat!  Tutorial by Funky and Delightful


These would look so cute in this fabric for my nephew! A quick tutorial
by Very Homemade.
 
A very useful kindle cover by Skip to My Lou
And last but not least, a cute little tutorial by yours truly! 


So there you have it, lots of very good and valid reasons to buy fabric this weekend!





 

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! Thanks for the inspiration. I love Fat Quarters, I've got quite a collection - mostly because I liked the fabric print! - but I've never had any ideas for them.

    ReplyDelete